Red runner roach

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mantis

Reaction score
I was wondering what you all suggest for food and water for red runner roaches (Blatta lateralis)? I want to try and start a colony and the only thing I have left to figure out is what to feed and what to do for water. (and a place to get red runners for not to expensive).

i would not go with them, they are fast and can climb an u may have them all over. just my thinking. Go with the ones that dont climb and are fat little roaches. One

species will multiply more than you want and you will have plenty. I think the dubia is the best to use.

Feed them fresh veg like courgettes, cucumbers and squash and high protien dog nuts but keep them separate as the nuts will go mouldy if they get moisture on them.

They cant climb smooth surfaces and only flutter if dropped. They cant fly. They are super fast though and most escapees get out when your feeding them off. Their a very hardy  good feeder and breeder roach but due to their speed you need to be careful with them.

Latest posts