Sexing Rhombo nymph?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@5eyesUK Yeah, Exo has them too, but I was talking about Finn Conrad (@46_69_6e_6e on Instagram). He mentioned at some point he had a female nymph at L4 that was starting to develop brown-ish red and would be nearly fully red by L5 and have her shield. He hasn’t mentioned how he’s been keeping them, though, so I’ve got no clue if that care recommendation is accurate or not. 

I would think the reason they’re listed as just sp. “Red Devil” is probably because no one knows what species it is, or it could be a variant in multiple species (spp. “Red Devil”).

I wish I could give you more information, but that’s pretty much all I can say.

As for Exo, I’ve never personally dealt with him. I’ve heard the mixed reviews, but I think his care sheets are mostly accurate, the main issues with his reputation being lack of communication.

Last edited by a moderator:
@River Dane yea thanks, well thats more information than i got from the whole www upto now 😁 great to know of yet another Red Devil person!!

Re Exo, Ive seen some feedback online aswell as read the whole Exo thread here on breeder feedback. Yes the reviews are mixed, there have also been some dead arrivals which Id personally find traumatizing but its a risk with shipping Europe >>> US for sure. Ill suspend my judgement because his website looks great with amazing specimens and as you say, what seems like quite detailed care sheets which is not always easy to find online.  

All this makes me rather proud to have my handfull of nymphs, I hope they all make it.

Latest posts