Tadpole Progression Log

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for some pics of the adults!! taken today :D

moaper:

8037593376_b3eb203a79_z.jpg

8037589811_2a3d1f02aa_z.jpg

screwup:

8037588309_475804809e_z.jpg

8037589968_9fd1b27921_z.jpg

spaz:

8037586171_c0677958c7_z.jpg

8037586057_50a6a275b4_z.jpg

8037585925_0ce183f76c_z.jpg

tippy

8037589114_76b9f49c77_z.jpg

8037585517_3638601989_z.jpg

an AP bio teacher wants to feature some of my toadlets in an experiment to observe cellular respiration!! she will put each in a vial with a plug and tube and float them and the amount of water sucked in represents the amount of oxygen used by them!! it wont harm them and they r perfect sized for this and i brought 2 today but then she decided to wait until next week, but everyone loves my cute baby toadlets

here's a pic i took of one:

8057437287_957e17e87e_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice progression log, awesome frogs too! Sounds like you have your hands full with all of those little mouths to feed!
i only have 5 toadlets left

and no they didnt all die, i gave at least 30 of them good homes, 12 to another forum member here (who then sent me my cali and pacific treefrogs) and my neighbors got 4 of them which they accidentally ended up killing (poisoned them with toothpick dye-long story) and then i only had 8 left

i forget what happened to 1 but 1 was killed when my neighbor's 7 year old broke its leg and it drowned (now they r never allowed to see the toadlets again) and 1 got eaten by the biggest toadlet <_< so now i only have 5 left but certainly not 150 of them all died, i lost a good number to drownings in the shallow water bowl (which i promply removed after coming home from school to find like 6 of them drowned in a quarter inch of water back in may) but you live and learn the 5 remaining ones are big and healthy and 7 months into their toadlet lives now and i am going to breed the adults again

overall i must say for a first time breeding attempt and for a 16 year old (techniqually 15 when i got moaper, tippy, and lilly, 14 when i had spaz, screwup and quato) and the fact that i pretty much derived my own method from my own experience, i think i did pretty well and taught myself a lot and i think if the toads breed again i will be much more compitent to care for the tads and really bulk them up and reduce toadlet mortality and really rock the house in february 2013!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drownings are always an issue with tads, even with a small number of tads. I've always like Fire Bellied Toads (even though they aren't true toads), so active and fun to watch. Do your males call often?

Drownings are always an issue with tads, even with a small number of tads. I've always like Fire Bellied Toads (even though they aren't true toads), so active and fun to watch. Do your males call often?
during the spawning season they do

if they breed again i can probably sell u captive bred toadlets

toads come out of the closet (they are literally hibernating in my closet) this weekend

i set up the cage yesterday

get ready for another progression log :D

and patrickfraser, beware, your chameleon thread may be longer now, but once the spawning starts

IT'S ON :ninja: :lol:

Latest posts