Tape saved my mantis!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrayingMantisPets

Reaction score
Yesturday I had a mantis begin to molt on the side of a 32oz cup. Gripping nothing but plastic. And as a result he fell. Whenever I had a mantis fall while molting I would automatically assume that there is nothing I can do to help. I decided to tape his back two legs to the lid of his container. And about 5 minutes later I saw him completely out of his molt drying. Proving tape can actually save a mantis. Later I went to check on him to make sure he’s ok, and to my luck, his freshly molted leg was stuck on tape. (Foot area) I carefully pulled him off the tape and he was free. (Slightly injured leg, should be fixed next molt). 

That's awesome that you saved your mantis with tape. :D That is a good idea if there is a fall during molting. Glad the little guy made it with minimal injury.

Duct tape saved the day again !!

(Just kidding about duct tape, but congratulations for the quick-thinking life-saving maneuver).

I recommend scotch tape. I used masking tape and my mantis got stuck, im pretty sure if i used scotch tape it would have been easier (aslo easier for a mantis to unstick itself). Also a small tiny strip of tape would be better, a larger piece of tape just raises the odds of a mantis getting stuck. 

Latest posts