The cutest little mantid I've ever seen!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABbuggin

Reaction score
One of my Hestiasula, brunneriana ooths that I bought from Rick hatched a few days ago. They are soooooooo cute looking and they are very "compact" too!

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

They are almost as small as a L1 Bolbena, hottentatta nymph (2mm). :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I agree, AB!!! :D One of my ooths finally hatched last week, but curiously only produced one lonely nymph. He (or she) is so cute though! Just how you described. I haven't seen him eat yet... he runs away from the melanogasters every time I've fed him so far. But I think he has to have eaten, or he probably wouldn't be in such fine fleeing shape as he is! You should see him jump and scamper away from the ff's, like they are going to eat him, lol. :p How many did yours hatch?

They are almost as small as a L1 Bolbena, hottentatta nymph (2mm)
Hi

They are the biggest nymphs! All other "boxers" are smaller, for example Otomatis sp. etc. Bolbena hottentotta is much smaller. Hestiasula brunneriana can feed on small fruit flies as L1. B. hottentotta starts to eat smallest fruit flies as L3.

One of my ooths finally hatched last week, but curiously only produced one lonely nymph.
Normally one single Bolbena hottentotta ooth contains 5-15 nymphs, a Hestiasula brunneriana ooth contains 12-25 nymphs usually.

:)

Anyway, Hestiasula brunneriana is beautiful.

:lol: The boxers always melt my heart, it is so endearing when they get loose and run off, I always feel bad for them in this big world and such a tiny creature! good job Abuggin!

[\quote]How many did yours hatch?

I got 11 from that ooth, waiting on the other 2 to hatch though. ;)

HiThey are the biggest nymphs! All other "boxers" are smaller, for example Otomatis sp. etc. Bolbena hottentotta is much smaller. Hestiasula brunneriana can feed on small fruit flies as L1. B. hottentotta starts to eat smallest fruit flies as L3.
I've actually kept and bred Bolbena hottentotta before, so I was quite surprised to see how close in size they were. Bolbena are VERY tiny lol, I want them again, I really miss them. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Fresh gravid female, mated three or four days after final molt.

3444294211_bdcc7e604a_b.jpg

OMG a 6 armed mantis!

Lol im joking :lol:

Hestiasula brunneriana do seem to be one of the nicer boxers

Hi

Evolution! I only feed three-headed flies, that's why they developed three pairs of raptorial forelegs after some generations :)

Hi

This female has destroyed, spread up wings, they did not enlarge completely within the final molt. But anyway, the male can mate with her without any problems.

3456112161_f60d0322b5_b.jpg

3456929520_e618200e9d_o.jpg

3456009433_969605b7d4_b.jpg

3456825804_a28f1f2781_b.jpg

3456006987_198b92073f_o.jpg

regards

One of my Hestiasula, brunneriana ooths that I bought from Rick hatched a few days ago. They are soooooooo cute looking and they are very "compact" too!
IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

They are almost as small as a L1 Bolbena, hottentatta nymph (2mm). :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
there so small and awesome!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts