The lacewing got the last laugh

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trademark

Reaction score
I really, really don't know what category this would fit in. :lol:

I caught a lacewing last night. Pretty little bugger, but he's also small enough to be eaten. So I chuck him in the mantis tank. Nobody seems interested, oh well, they'll get him when they're hungry, right?

So I wake up the next morning and.. oh dang!! Someone molted! Holy ###### get the camera he looks awesome!! I took the picture and I'm all excited looking at it on the screen, but what are those little green things? I go back to the tank, and sure enough. Little green thingies hanging from the stick.

I look the green thingies. I look at the lacewing. I look at the green thingies. I look at the GREEN lacewing. Uh oh.

wtfisthis.jpg

So yeah. I have this horrible feeling that I have eggs in my mantis tank. Can anyone confirm? Also, if anyone wants the stick for some odd reason it's yours, mantis not included. :lol: Oh yeah, don't ask me why the mantis decided to molt an inch off the ground when there's plenty of safer place he could've done it in. It happens I guess.

You should keep them, interesting insects, kinda like ant lions but are active

You should keep them, interesting insects, kinda like ant lions but are active
Oh yeah they're great alright, I just don't want them. Hopefully someone will want them more than me, otherwise, outside they go. Hah.

Edit: Posted an ad in the classified section for them. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts