The Mantis Biotope...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinese can do well in that low of a humidity, but that's like normal room humidity and you may want to raise it a bit for molting purposes. Just seems a little too low to me, although as I said Chinese are a very easy and tolerant species. How tall is the biotope? I assume it sits upright, correct?

BTW, one of my mantids is named Lady Gaga :tt2:
It's around 2 feet tall. I think I miscalculated the humidity too though... my AcuRite probe seems to only measure temperature via the probe, as opposed to humidity...

Well, it is an indoor/outdoor thing... so anyways. I put it in the viv and it shot up to 70%+ (it said it can only measure up to 80%) so I guess thats good...

Well, it is an indoor/outdoor thing... so anyways. I put it in the viv and it shot up to 70%+ (it said it can only measure up to 80%) so I guess thats good...
That's perfect for the majority of species. Well done dude. It's really beautiful and an awesome idea!

Well, I absolutely hate to say, but I'm going to have to sell the viv. It flared up my allergies so bad I started to think I had the flu. The minute I went to a different room I started to feel soo much better.

Good news! I think I may have been actually sick. Even if I am allergic, it turns out the office (seperate from the house) has no-return air vents, so I can locate it in there...

If any of you are interested I'm going to document as I go along building this mantis viv. Here is the start after I siliconed the back so the Great Stuff would adhere:

Now all I have to do is wait a week for the GS to cure and expand, then I will smear silicone over it and apply coco-fiber.
Compliments! Is clear that you are an expert! Very nice work. Can you teach me to make a similar terrarium for my mantids?

Im tuned!

Latest posts