The Mantis Family 2020

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
A new year, a new fresh topic for mantis pics.

Yesterday my male hissing roaches were fighting .(Ulgoth and Ateyo) Sheralynn saw that and had her eyes glued to the wall of her home to keep the roaches in sight.😂 and she had just dinner.

sheralynn-ateyo.jpg

Lol, I don't think Sheralynn can eat the whole roach😂 Ateyo is a pet so she can forget that🤣 she can look what she wants, but she get other prey😎

She looks happy though! I wish I had your luck in rearing mantids...mine have a stroke of bad luck and just fall onto their back and aren’t able to get up... 😢 

Aww, I hope you will get more luck with your mantids. It is no fun when they die to early before their time.

She looks happy, yes. Very alert about her surroundings. I have no luck with the ooth laying part. Only spooky (ghost mantis) an Neferiti gave me ooths.

@hysteresisI  have paired Spooky and Ghosty. but the ooth never hatched. My next pair of mantids will be one  of a species again. maybe Ghosts, Creos budwings. It was nice to see mantis love❤️
Try again. 😁

I have a budwing ooth coming this week. Hopefully I can get them going.

Cool! I wanna try budwings, but I’m gonna be pretty occupied soon with 8 new mantids and a bajillion new little Chinese mantids hatched from an ooth @MantisGirl13 found for me. Once the budding ooth hatches I may wanna buy some.

budwings are cool. Here a pic of Nefertiti @MrGhostMantis you shouls try budwings.

Here a pic of Nefertiti

nefertiti5.jpg

But i tink she is close at the end  of her life. She hangs diferently than she used to. Don't know if she will give me a last ooth. I will see.

Nefertiti is dying... a few days she didnt use one of her backlegs anymore and lost appetite. Now I see her letting both her backlegs just hang. She had a good long life. But sad she will be gone soon...

She is still with us. Giving her honey to give energy and not to dry out. She wants to live that for sure but her body is old. I think she is my longest living mantis at the moment.

I am still thinking what mantids I will go next. I told my hubby that I still want to keep mantids, but not that many anymore.  I got a new bird, but that will be another topic.

nefertiti8.jpg

This picture i made of her today after letting her drinking some water.

Latest posts