Tolerance WILL NOT be tolerated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what??????? left field come n back. prison has rapers also, lol.
look I'm done arguing with you on this matter

if you want to hate people just because of who they love, go ahead

if you want to post about it on a public forum and get in trouble for it, that's your problem

i'm walking away from this now

The bible says that God makes no mistakes, so how are homosexuals mistakes?
so does lady gaga

I blame the South, its a horrible place to live, you should all move north and west to more tolerant places and leave the south to me

Not all southerners are hate filled.

We had a March and festival in York UK for gay pride the other week. Lovely weather and day :) .

they are not mistakes its just the actions they do which is not acceptable or their behavior and behaviors can be changed!

Lets just agree that you're all wrong. Arguing will only turn this into the next wave of warnings. We all know how "its" supposed to be and if your wired wrong so be it, Go get married like the rest of us, risk half your and the long costly divorce that follows. But there is no need to post about it. There is no need to throw it in the faces of those who are against it. Its not like you cant move to areas of better tolerance, I mean heck how would it go if I started an Anti Obummer thread? I got a feeling over half of you would cry. Sometimes it just best not to post your thread up.

they are not mistakes its just the actions they do which is not acceptable or their behavior and behaviors can be changed!
Straight people, including me, you and others, also do despicable things. We all sin. And how can someone change their sexual orientation? You would have to change your entire being, because you're born with it. It's like telling an animal lover that they can't love animals because you don't want them to. They can't help it, and putting them down or hurting them won't help it at all, it just makes them feel terrible about themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight people also do despicable things. We all sin. And how can someone change their sexual orientation? You would have to change your entire being, because you're born with it. It's like telling an animal lover that they can't love animals because you don't want them to. They can't help it, and putting them down or hurting them won't help it at all, it just makes them feel terrible about themselves.
people end their own lives because people like some of those posting on this topic make them think their lives aren't worth it by telling them they are disgusting or abnormal or sinful

it's quite sad

Straight people also do despicable things. We all sin. And how can someone change their sexual orientation? You would have to change your entire being, because you're born with it. It's like telling an animal lover that they can't love animals because you don't want them to. They can't help it, and putting them down or hurting them won't help it at all, it just makes them feel terrible about themselves.
your not born gay, it is a chemical disorder in you brain and the mental state of others saying its ok. my problem is imnot running around saying lets celebrate not being gay so why should you throw around celebrating being gay. do i go around and celebrate that i collect massive ammounts of ammo and are trained in 3 forms of martial arts, can shoot a paper plate at 1000 yards with my remington 700, i can tactically take down any threat because im prepared. no i dont celebrate it because others will think im a gun nut and crazy but i can still do it. so go and be gay and quite telling me about it.

people end their own lives because people like some of those posting on this topic make them think their lives aren't worth it by telling them they are disgusting or abnormal or sinful

it's quite sad
No whats sad is that they posted their beliefs on a public forum for all to see then took offense to the point of killing themselves over what people they don't know nor will ever meet say. Self preservation and your own esteem have to play a point somewhere and if you cant handle what others think why post?

it's quite sad
were not putting you down just saying to stay in the closet. i dont go around saying hi my name is. im not gay.

No whats sad is that they posted their beliefs on a public forum for all to see then took offense to the point of killing themselves over what people they don't know nor will ever meet say. Self preservation and your own esteem have to play a point somewhere and if you cant handle what others think why post?
bug trader has made the best point of the day. pulled the words from my mouth.

your not born gay, it is a chemical disorder in you brain and the mental state of others saying its ok. my problem is imnot running around saying lets celebrate not being gay so why should you throw around celebrating being gay. do i go around and celebrate that i collect massive ammounts of ammo and are trained in 3 forms of martial arts, can shoot a paper plate at 1000 yards with my remington 700, i can tactically take down any threat because im prepared. no i dont celebrate it because others will think im a gun nut and crazy but i can still do it. so go and be gay and quite telling me about it.
I'm not gay I just support gay rights. Not all people who support LGBT causes are homosexual

And I didn't start any of these threads. Agent A created them because he wanted other forum members to acknowledge it

Last edited by a moderator:
are you trying to imply something? a lot of the people who kill themselves over homophobia are people still in the closet or people abused to the point of it

if u think i'm going to do something to myself because a few people have an issue with LGBT then u have another thing coming

this is getting totally out of hand, and you are missing the point

if you need me I will be doing English then I will post pics of moths and other insects, but I am outa here!

I think our moderators would be much more comfortable if we all kept our posts focused on preying mantids and closely associated topics.

This is MANTID forum. Not democrat forum. Or republican or Russian or homosexual or Chevrolet forum. Discipline yourselves to stay on the topic of preying mantids and this BBS will be at peace.

I think our moderators would be much more comfortable if we all kept our posts focused on preying mantids and closely associated topics.

This is MANTID forum. Not democrat forum. Or republican or Russian or homosexual or Chevrolet forum. Discipline yourselves to stay on the topic of preying mantids and this BBS will be at peace.
agreed but patrick had to start this thread because he couldnt let it go yesterday..

btw my p. griffin ooth just hatched. wahoo

are you trying to imply something? a lot of the people who kill themselves over homophobia are people still in the closet or people abused to the point of it

if u think i'm going to do something to myself because a few people have an issue with LGBT then u have another thing coming

this is getting totally out of hand, and you are missing the point

if you need me I will be doing English then I will post pics of moths and other insects, but I am outa here!
What am I implying? You have no idea what I'm even saying do you A? Because fact is if your killing yourself over responses to something you post on a public forum its clear there were problems already. I am saying why bring it here when you can talk about these subjects on forums that are made for it. Or in a support group? If your in the closet why would it be posted up anyways? You need to calm down and quit trying to stir it up .

I actually suggested there be no offtopic long ago while it would improve the quality of the MANTIS FORUM I was told it would cut in on the posts per day and activity here. Noone wants to be here if its just all mantis talk.

There is a solution. If you believe what the word said and believe you have commited these sins, ask for forgivness and turn from your way then you will be justified and cleansed with the forgivness Jesus gave at the Cross. yeah!

Closing this thread for later review (read the first page only, so far). Shipped my 13 boxes of bugs today and have to forward off tracking numbers for customers before my kids come home and need homework help. Then I'm off to my job before I get up and do it all again tomorrow.

Overmoderation? Whatever. Left to their own devices, this forum would just become a playground for bullies to attract bigger bullies with a bunch of nice people in the wings asking why can't we all just get along and talk about mantises. I'll say what I always say. We run this forum like it's taking place in a public school. Okay to have opinions, but either keep them to yourself or express them in a format that would be acceptable in a public school setting. That means keep the topics and forms of expression child appropriate. We have young members here. We let things slide all the time because we have limited time to police, try to keep a modern/real-world approach to situations and like our members to have the opportunities to express themselves. Things go awry when members start judging others beliefs and getting confrontational about it.

Me? I'm an atheist living in Oregon who represented a gay member in a Union meeting last week. Discrimination on the basis of sexual identity or race or gender, etc. etc. is unacceptable by law in the workplace and hatred has no place here.

I'm not sure what posts were deleted yesterday or earlier today that caused this thread to pop up, but I'll check the mod forum for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts