Tropical dwarf white isopods

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverback300

Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new to isopods and have a fairly new colony of tropical dwarf whites and my question is what colour are fresh nymphs/babies as I have very small white babies scuttleing about but noticed some very very tiny too small to see with my old eyes babies moving slower but there not white sort of light ish brown and I wouldn't of noticed them except they were on the underside of a piece of butternut squash but with adult and baby pods so don't know if they are pod fresh babies or mites etc and as I said zero experience with pods so any information gratefully received

I don't have much experience with isopods so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I believe that they are white colored right after a molt or hatch, so it is very possible that both ones you saw were babies.

- MantisGirl13 

If they hatch and moult white which is what I thought it means whatever ive got isn't baby pods but I came across this video and in the first few seconds in the bottom left hand corner there is something crawling a small roundish brown blobby thing this is exactly what ive got but mine are tiny versions of it can anybody identify what it is 

Latest posts