What species is this?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantisman.

Reaction score
What species is this?

mantis15q.jpg

mantis1j.jpg

mantis5.jpg

mantis6.jpg

mantis9.jpg

mantis12.jpg

Oops sorry can I have this post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phyllovates maya and chlorophea and cornuta have a horn, And Phyllovates has no leg lobes unlike this one

Phyllovates maya and chlorophea and cornuta have a horn, And Phyllovates has no leg lobes unlike this one
You found one that looked similar to this specimen if I remember correctly? What was the Id of that one?

That was a Phyllovates species. This one I think looks like Pseudovates as it has some small lobes on the legs. There are Pseudovates species in Mexico.

That was a Phyllovates species. This one I think looks like Pseudovates as it has some small lobes on the legs. There are Pseudovates species in Mexico.
Are there pseudovates as skinny as a phyllovates? What species in particular do you think it is?

I have no idea but I think the leg lobes rule out species of Phyllovates, even the more slender species.

I don't know which species it could be. Pseudovates longiicollis, Ps. paraensis, Ps. tolteca, and Ps. townsendi are listed as Mexico so to find out a starting place would be the original descriptions of the type specimens most of which are available freely on line

Pseudovates adult male

Mantis looks like it had nostrils too when I kept some funny mantis males croak pretty quick as adult though

Latest posts