What to do in this situation

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domanating

Reaction score
It's not news to me when it comes to removing an ooth from an unwanted or tricky place but this case it's a whole new level.

0h05.jpg

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In this case you should firmly but loosely hold onto your critter keeper lid with both hands. Next you should sink your teeth tightly around the ootheca that's on top. With a quick jerky motion, you should pull your head up into the air until you can see the ceiling while simulaneously pulling down on the lid. After wards you should shake your head back and forth while making a growling noise and swinging your hands around wildly.

Although I don't think it is needed, you could also run to the front door and shake your fist at everyone passing by.

Ooh, that really stinks... I might be tempted to just leave it like that... Otherwise you risk damaging the ooth that's on the bottom.

In this case you should firmly but loosely hold onto your critter keeper lid with both hands. Next you should sink your teeth tightly around the ootheca that's on top. With a quick jerky motion, you should pull your head up into the air until you can see the ceiling while simulaneously pulling down on the lid. After wards you should shake your head back and forth while making a growling noise and swinging your hands around wildly.

Although I don't think it is needed, you could also run to the front door and shake your fist at everyone passing by.
I recommend adding a little sriracha before sinking your teeth in. I've been told oothecas taste like a$$.

Haha, you guys are funny!

I had this happen with ghost ooths and they popped right off with a little twist.

I did exactly what you said but it think I shook it too hard. The foam tore apart, the lid and the ooths flew off the window on to the street and got run over by a bus. Apparently the lid was hard enough to blow one of the tires, which made the bus swerve uncontrollably into a van carrying propane tanks. The resulting collision spilled a lot of fuel that ignited causing a massive fire. The heat made the propane tanks blow one by one. A piece of one tank flew meters into the air hitting a ballistic rocket attached to the wing of a military jet on a drill mission. The rocket malfunctioned and blew up destroying the wing of the plane. Countries around the world are pointing fingers at each other, acusing them of bringing down the jet. Nuclear warfare follows.

The good news is, the ooths are still intact but the lid was destroyed.

Oh man that photo is epic. She must have thought it was her lucky day when she found some foliage that would not only provide cover for her ootheca but would take it places. :stuart:

It could be worse...

05_dezember.jpg
With the ooths make sure they are both fully dry and they should easily separate.

Wow, is this real gripen? I have never seen nor heard of that happening!

too funny, hey, why were u shaking your fist at me? just gently flex the top using both hands and it will pop off!

I did exactly what you said but it think I shook it too hard. The foam tore apart, the lid and the ooths flew off the window on to the street and got run over by a bus. Apparently the lid was hard enough to blow one of the tires, which made the bus swerve uncontrollably into a van carrying propane tanks. The resulting collision spilled a lot of fuel that ignited causing a massive fire. The heat made the propane tanks blow one by one. A piece of one tank flew meters into the air hitting a ballistic rocket attached to the wing of a military jet on a drill mission. The rocket malfunctioned and blew up destroying the wing of the plane. Countries around the world are pointing fingers at each other, acusing them of bringing down the jet. Nuclear warfare follows.

The good news is, the ooths are still intact but the lid was destroyed.
haha, I knew I was not the only storyteller on this forum, great story, now to find that secluded island before someone finds out I know you.......

It could be worse...

05_dezember.jpg
Epic picture. But as Rick said It would be a lot easier to remove that ooth than in my case. Tomorrow I'll attempt the separation

haha, I knew I was not the only storyteller on this forum, great story, now to find that secluded island before someone finds out I know you.......
Island? There's no way I can hide in this technology filled planet. I must go to Mars :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts