Who likes Miomantis binotata?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That male I posted pictures above with the swollen wing buds has molted today. He has a beautiful blueish tinge on his wings which is not shown perfectly in this picture.

Adult_male_Miomantis_binotata.JPG

How big is this species as adults? 1 inch? I know it's small...but I've never kept it before.
The adult male I posted pictures of that molted recently is about 3cm from wingtip to head. I measured one green female and she was about 25 to 26mm long from wingtip to head. I tried to measure the other light brown female with pale, dull green colored forewings, but she was harder than the other female because she moved more and I did not want to stress her out too much so I gave up trying to measure her. She looked a tad bit smaller than the other green female I measured.

Here it says that they are about 30 to 40mm long. Note that I measured mine from wing-tip to head instead of abdomen tip to head. Females' abdomens expand very much so would be much longer after eating a large meal.:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miomantis_binotata#Merkmale

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute.. cute...cute! but really Christmas music... Are you expecting presents from that little girl? Or was she your present?

Man, I guess Christmas is on it's way...

Cute.. cute...cute! but really Christmas music... Are you expecting presents from that little girl? Or was she your present?

Man, I guess Christmas is on it's way...
I did not know it was christmas music. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on another successful molt.. thanks for sharing video
Actually she was the second female to molt to adult and has been adult over two weeks now. But I did have one green female molt recently, or less than a week ago.

I checked more adult females when they moved their wing to their side in a way I could catch a little glimpse underneath their wings and I could not see any patterns.

I should take a better look at the abdomens of the adult females to see if they certainly lack the reddish markings.

Latest posts