Why does this keep happening?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidDan

Reaction score
First there is the shooting at Colombine in 1999, then many other shooting in between and now the shooting in Aurora just 13 miles from Colombine. It seems as though the number of these shootings increases every year. The purpose of this topic is to memorialize the people that have died in all these shootings over the years and to shun the psychopaths that have caused destruction in peoples lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart really goes out to all those involved. Including the family of the shooter. I don't think I could ever get over being touched by something this tragic.

I feel that the mental health of the world is completely deteriorating. Not only do people seem to be physically more and more ill lately, but also mentally ill. This shooter was also a victim, someone along his life line probably noticed major signs of mental illness and dismissed it.

The whole topic really makes me sick to my stomach.I am a hermit as is, things like this happen and I want to stay home where I feel safer more and more.

I do understand your wanting to "shun the psychopaths", but in actuality, what they need is good mental health, not to be avoided, but yet to be recognized as being severely mentally ill and getting the actual help needed. I absolutely think our nation dismisses the mentally ill far too much and if they instead instilled a program to protect themselves and others these kind of acts wouldn't happen as often.

I hope I do not sound harsh, but I have close ties to the mentally ill and when tragedy like this strikes it makes me look more at the whole picture of what our society is becoming.

We in Colorado are getting battered this summer forest fires sent by arsonist now these senseless killings I swear the world is falling apart

If he's(shooter) a victim too, then you don't want to know what I would do with him in my own private court of law!

Let's not forget being a freak is easier than being normal if there is such a thing as normal these day's, this is why they had public executions back in the day, so you could see first hand what happens to you if you let your self deteriorate to the point this individual did and then act out in a harmful way. I have no pity or wonder for him just want him to be set as a example of the price you pay for changing 100's of lives for the worse! SO SAD...

If he's(shooter) a victim too, then you don't want to know what I would do with him in my own private court of law!

Let's not forget being a freak is easier than being normal if there is such a thing as normal these day's, this is why they had public executions back in the day, so you could see first hand what happens to you if you let your self deteriorate to the point this individual did and then act out in a harmful way. I have no pity or wonder for him just want him to be set as a example of the price you pay for changing 100's of lives for the worse! SO SAD...
I agree, definalty he should pay a price.. A very high price, imo, death really would be the only solution in this matter..

Tbh.. Im more a "freak" then a "normal" person, and being a person with mental illnesses/challenges let me just say.. it is NOT easier!

Shame this person didnt receive help when maybe this could have been prevented. I had just commented the way I did because if people continue to shun the "freaks" this kind of ###### will only get worse.

I meant no harm and I'm sorry if I offended you, really I am, I tend to speak from the heart and the brain kicks in later, a mental or physical handicap is one thing but to dress up like batman and fit in enough were they let you in and participate then you start shooting people dead after throwing a gas bomb is something different, to me anyway???

I have kids so this gets me by the short straws... :(

I think we should hang him in the streets and make a example, maybe they will think twice.

I think we should hang him in the streets and make a example, maybe they will think twice.
Seems a little archaic and immature to me. He should pay his price but not while traumatizing/ desensitizing others.

I'm not downplaying this horrendous act, but in other parts of the world there is genocide going on and we are enjoying a night out at the movies. The world IS NOT a pretty place if you look at it in a whole.

No, we'll just pay pay a few thousand dollars a month to keep him safe in jail, they won't even let him by the general population just in case they try to snuff him out, now he's protected by the federal government eating better than some people you know?!?!

No, we'll just pay pay a few thousand dollars a month to keep him safe in jail, they won't even let him by the general population just in case they try to snuff him out, now he's protected by the federal government eating better than some people you know?!?!
I never said he should not die for his crimes. I said we should not have public executions.

I never said he should not die for his crimes. I said we should not have public executions.
So crazies don't see what lies ahead for them if they do a no-no? What is you point? People need to see a hero and a villain, the villain must be shown so others know what happens to them if they kill or Mame, it's black and white when it comes to this, especially in today's world... sometimes but not always you need to fight fire with fire. And yes this time death would make are sorry azz legal system a hero, unless he gets a multi million dollar lawyer, lol?

When your older and have seen enough crapp like this and foolish wars you'll understand better on something of this caliber, well I have hope for you anyway.

When I say public I mean people sit down and document it, and it gets noted in the papers/news worthy, not that it should be on pay-per-view.

Wow, OK just so you know we pay the bill for ten's of thousands like him, for what for him to be rehabilitated, cus if not, thats a big waste of money that could repave a highway or something better?!?!?

Why are we arguing over this we should be thinking about the people that died not the shooter, ###### the shooter.

Very true!!! But to me, think I know what they (12 people dead and 58 injured?) think should happen to him, is my very point, to maybe help it not happen once or twice in the future would be a start? :)