Why is my Idolo puking?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an update, my idolo hasnt puked since. i didnt feed him/her for a few days. just offered a bit of maggot guts just now and he/she ate it. probably equivalent to 2 fruit flies. and then he/she was done, didnt want anymore after that. i then misted, he/she cleaned the water off. no puking. maybe i was really just over doing it! even if one breeder feeds his L2s 1-2 BBs a day, maybe thats just not right for mine? maybe mine is ready to molt.

One of my ghost nymphs was puking pretty bad at L3/L4. 4-5 spots of black puke but he pulled through just fine, he's a proud subadult waiting for his wings now : ) . Still have no idea what went wrong and it went away without me doing anything special about it. I guess it's possible for mantises to catch the "flu" or a stomach bug?

I'm glad to hear he's doing better, and I hope that he continues to do well!

One of my ghost nymphs was puking pretty bad at L3/L4. 4-5 spots of black puke but he pulled through just fine, he's a proud subadult waiting for his wings now : ) . Still have no idea what went wrong and it went away without me doing anything special about it. I guess it's possible for mantises to catch the "flu" or a stomach bug?

I'm glad to hear he's doing better, and I hope that he continues to do well!
yeah, that happened to a male ghost of yours? it happened to a male ghost of mine as well, but he ended up dying. :-( thats great that yours pulled theough though! whats his name?

Glad to hear Lucky is doing better! :) Best of luck, I will be rooting for him/her!

My shield started vomiting for no apparent reason, other than an impending molt. After the molt, she is perfectly fine. I think she probably gorged herself a bit too much in the days leading up to the molt.

Glad to hear Lucky is doing better! :) Best of luck, I will be rooting for him/her!

My shield started vomiting for no apparent reason, other than an impending molt. After the molt, she is perfectly fine. I think she probably gorged herself a bit too much in the days leading up to the molt.
thanks! his/her abdomen has been pulsing, i think a molt is indeed coming along

thats so weird i never knew mantids did that, some one else said the same thing, that they sometimes puke before a molt

Sad and disappointing news, Lucky has died, I dont understand why, and why so suddenly when yesterday he/she seemed better. I just checked on him and he looked significantly thinner, I figure he must have been puking while I was gone. I lifted the net and tried to get him to crawl into my hand but he made no reaction, then fell from the net and his legs curled up. I think he was just hanging on because his feet were stuck. Im so disappointed. i just dont understand. i was going by the care sheet, what could it possibly have been? I need to ask some professionals.

I'm so sorry Lucky didn't make it. It's possible that it was sick before you got him, or possible that although he seemed like he was getting better he actually wasn't ? My condolences. It's really hard to pinpoint what went wrong in these situations with so many variables.

thanks guys. im sorry too, i had bought 5, 4 died in shipping and the one that got to me died of sickness within 3 days, what an unfortunate situation, i paid $50 for nothing basically. im bummed out.

Latest posts