worried

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aje88

Reaction score
ok i have this chinese mantis that is L3-L4 and i gave him a home and misted it.but i didnt have any spray bottles so i got this hairspray bottle and dumped out the hairspray liquid but it still smells like hairspray and my mantis drank from it.will it die wat can i do .

ok i have this chinese mantis that is L3-L4 and i gave him a home and misted it.but i didnt have any spray bottles so i got this hairspray bottle and dumped out the hairspray liquid but it still smells like hairspray and my mantis drank from it.will it die wat can i do .
will it die, i doubt you can get a 100% sure answer on that, but its a really bad idea to use anything that has been used for any think other than spraying water. To keep the humidity high keeping the substrate wet would be better than using a spray that may have toxic chemicals in.

And not to be funny or anything but this should probably be in the health section rather than mantid photos.

eek. im not sure what will happen, just don't do it again. i always buy an empty spraying bottle from a garden center. they're really cheap.

No one can really say without knowing the exact amount and content of any residual hairspray left in the bottle that may have mixed with the water. You will just have to wait and see. I suggest buying a regular, new, empty squirt bottle and using it instead.

will it die, i doubt you can get a 100% sure answer on that, but its a really bad idea to use anything that has been used for any think other than spraying water. To keep the humidity high keeping the substrate wet would be better than using a spray that may have toxic chemicals in.And not to be funny or anything but this should probably be in the health section rather than mantid photos.
this is in the health issues. use a different bottle. empty ones are available at mantisplace and joaan fabrics i think.

this is in the health issues. use a different bottle. empty ones are available at mantisplace and joaan fabrics i think.
It is now after I moved it.

Go to walmart or somewhere like that and get a spray bottle. They are cheap.