Yen Saw - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mantids from Yen... So well packed ! and some great extras ! The mantids are just perfect healthed and ootheca of Tropidomantis gressitti just hatched (wonderfull spectacle)

Thank you Yen for your kindness and your advices :)

list of mantids received :

Tropidomantis gressitti

Thesprotia graminis

Heterochaeta sp.

Heterochaeta occidentalis

Brunneria borealis

Popa spurca

Sybilla pretiosa

Tropidomantis.jpg

I cannot sing Yen's praises enough! I purchased 5 Gongylus gongylodes from Yen with overnight shipping, and 6 arrived safely with 2 free popa spurca nymphs as well! Everything was packaged beyond well, so much that I had to take about 10 minutes to get them out! They were not going anywhere in that box without some very intentional force. They're gorgeous and in great shape. Another great experience with Yen! Thank you again!

I received a big package of mantids from Yen today. Yen's packaging is awesome. All the mantises were great except one molted in transit (which wasn't Yen's fault) and is a little bent up. He even offered to replace the mis-molt even though it wasn't his fault. I would deal with Yen any day. He's fast with his emails and offers a lot of wisdom. Not to mention that his packaging is superb. If you're going to buy mantids, buy them from Yen Saw!

I recently bought a couple species of mantis from Yen and I am very pleased with the results of our transaction. He was punctual with his responses, his prices were more than reasonable, he shipped quickly and on time, and has been wonderful with answering questions and helping with whatever I need.

The packaging was also excellent and he was generous enough to throw in two extra Sibylla pretiosa, which is one of the species that I ordered.

I will no doubt be dealing with Yen again in the future. Although there is already 28 pages of positive feedback for Yen, I will recommend him again anyway as it can't be said enough: Yen is an excellent breeder and seller. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a brunneria borealis mismolt on the way to me a week ago, and even though it wasn't his fault, Yen offered to replace it. I wouldn't let him do that, but he did give me a really nice discount on some new ones! I got three perfectly packaged Brunner's in the mail today! Yen Saw is the man!

I ordered 5 ghosts, and got 6, plus two budwings! Also 7 flawless violin nymphs, all of which started eating without missing a beat. Despite temps in the 40s outside and priority mail, not a single death in transit. Yen was great about responding to my questions and giving me advice, and is easily the most generous person I have ever done business with.

I buy some more mantids from Yen Saw and as the first time... everythink was perfect... great communication and speed answer, lot of advices, some extras and surprises on the package... I love how you prepare the package :)

Thank you again

edit (species received)

Humbertiella sp.

B. mendica

Tropidomantis gressitti

Recieved my exellent packaged ooth from Yen, which has since hatched a great number of nymphs :D Fantastic guy to deal with, can't recommend him enough ;)

a few weeks ago I ordered a couple ooths from Yen. They where nicely packed and arrived quickly. They had come from America to the Netherlands, which is a nice journey. Yesterday the first ooth hatched with 18 beautiful nimfs. I am very pleased with everything about the order around this ooths and will certainly order more animals in the future

cant b happier! ordered 5 devil flower mantids, and i got an extra one! all in great shape, and filled with food.

very fast transaction, and a stand up guy! will deffinatley do business with again! thanks!

Received my first "Yen Saw" originals today! Two Brunneria Borealis ooths for the price of one and a free Stagmomantis Limbata ooth! Yippee! :lol:

Can't wait for them to hatch now! I'm just sure I will be overrun with babies soon! ;)

THANKS SO MUCH YEN!

-Carey Kurtz-

Green Oasis Reptiles

I ordered 3 ooths from Yen and got 2 freebies. They were all beautifully packed as usual and will most likely all hatch.

Yen is the Pele* of the mantis forum.

* No, not Pele the Hawaiian goddess, Pele the Brazilian football player whom Brazil declared to be a National Treasure.

Very positive, yen is very patient in answering all my question

All of my specimen arrived with no DOA despite the long journey, he also threw in more than i ordered :lol:

Great guy, great discount, great communication, great specimen, what else can i ask for? :D

Will definitely deal with him again in future

Here's a really late feedback for ya, I purchased 2 Cilnia Humeralis from Yen in 2006 (He gave me an extra one just in case).

Package came promptly as best I can recall one of them was injured in transaction and died immediately, another died shortly after from what seemed like an infection and the other survived until a couple weeks later when I left it on a plant above my Jack Dempsey Fish tank and fell asleep. Found it the next morning drowned in the tank! But obviously that's my fault.

All in all I would by from him again and have learned of the risks in purchasing live insects from across state lines.

It's like buying glass from a company and having it handled by Ace Ventura (in the first movie the funniest part of the whole movie in my opinion)aka Shipping company employees, Not everything is gonna arrive intact!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxPa9Vc1v8Y&

handled by Ace Ventura (in the first movie the funniest part of the whole movie in my opinion)aka Shipping company employees, Not everything is gonna arrive intact!
Funniest part of just about ANY movie! I saw that in the theaters and still crack up thinking about it! Thanks for the memory!

Dude...that IS my postal woman! Today I found my box from KitKat about 10 ft AWAY from my mailbox & the mailbox door open...meaning she did her usual "balance the box on the fragile plastic mailbox door" thing. Guh!

Anywho...my "bonus" S. limbata ooth from Yen hatched the other day...WAY earlier than expected! Thanks, Yen! :D

Edit: ...OMG! This Limbata ooth is STILL hatching! I found some 20+ babies in there the other day...there was almost as many today too & it's still going! Wow...just...wow. :blink:

Just a quick update! My S. californica ooth has begun to hatch! It has been hatching about 5 nymphs per day for the last 6 days. I have about 30 nymphs so far. The ooth was not put into a cold period. It was kept at 80F, and misted once a day. Thanks again Yen! :) Your the best! :)

Paul

What can I say about Yen that hasn't been said? The package was very well insulated with thick styrofoam and a heat pack, it traveled from Texas to PA in 24 hours, and I received a subadult male budwing in great health, as well as four free L3 budwings.

Yen is honest, quick, and a great person to deal with. Don't hesitate to do business with him!

Latest posts