Zoolea sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since i last introduce a new species (well not really :roll: ) here in the USA. ANyway, i am glad one of the breath-taking species is now a new addition to my mantis culture!!

Please welcome the Zoolea sp. (Not sure if this is Zoolea Lobipes or not but something similar).

Here are couple of ooth

ooth1.jpg

L1 nymph

L1d.jpg

L1c.jpg

L1b.jpg

L1a.jpg

It resembles L1 Texas Unicorn at this age, but it will outgrow Texas Unicorn as adult and develope a large long horn with spikey lobes on its leg. Well i don't have an adult pic for this species so i will have to show the pics from other links

http://www.insectariumvirtual.com/galeria/...p?image_id=2078

http://www.insecte.org/forum/image-vp11839...192391c780e76b1

This species originally from Paraguay highland and needs cooler temperature. Hopefully i have a chance to rear some to adulthood.

Excellent Yen! I was gunna get some off Larsy, but wasn't sure how to keep them.

Maybe I should wait until I have any experience tips off of you first :D

Keep us updated, and wonderful photos ;)

If you want this species, you should get it now! You never know when they will be available again. This one was one of my Big Five ever since. The most impressive S-American besides Choeradodis.

Regards,

Christian

If you want this species, you should get it now! You never know when they will be available again.
Geezz that sounds like a tough one to rear and breed man :shock: i'm doomed :?: :!:
The Great YenSaw? Doomed? NEVER!!!

All that set aside, I think you should be up to the challenge. :wink: Plus, I want to see some nice photos of some adults.

This is one of those species that you think will never be available; another Idolomantis diabolica. But alas, it IS here !!!!!

The genus Zoolea is in the same family as Phyllovates and you can see why.

DSC_00093.jpg

DSC_00072.jpg

DSC_00022-1.jpg

DSC_00041.jpg

DSC_00083-1.jpg

Latest posts