First Meal

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantiscraze

Reaction score
Anyone knows what type this is? Is it a ghost nymph (was sold a ghost ooth, but the hatchlings don't look like the ghost nymphs I received from another breeder)?

03.jpg

Here is a pic of the ooth

481.jpg

I agree. Creobroter "something or other".
laugh.gif
They all are so similar looking when young. I'd contact the seller/breeder, for sure. It is definitely not a ghost nymph or ootheca.
sad.gif
I hope you get it rectified.
smile.gif

I agree with the others. Ghost nymphs look more like black ants.

I don't want to mention any name right now, since the breeder seems honest and has good reviews. I'd like to give that person the benefit of doubt, so I'll wait a few more days for a reply before I give a negative review. I'm new to mantids, so I didn't even know what a ghost ooth looks like. I guess you can just tell from the ooth that it's definitely not a ghost? :(

...and the other half not too bright???
laugh.gif
Who was it? Make sure to leave feedback about this so other people know.

The ooths are similar, but ghost ooths have a "tail", unless it is broken off. The nymphs totally seal the deal. No crowns.
unsure.gif

I was just wondering if it had been a forum member that sold it. Do give them some time to respond. Good luck.

Creobroters are cute, too.
biggrin.gif

Yes, it was a forum member.

The ooths are similar, but ghost ooths have a "tail", unless it is broken off. The nymphs totally seal the deal. No crowns.
unsure.gif

I was just wondering if it had been a forum member that sold it. Do give them some time to respond. Good luck.

Creobroters are cute, too.
biggrin.gif

Waited for almost a week, but still getting no reply from the forum member that sold me the "ghost" ooth...

Waited for almost a week, but still getting no reply from the forum member that sold me the "ghost" ooth...
Well, that stinks. Have they read the message and just not responded???...or have they seem to dropped off the face of the earth and no activity on the forum, at all? Nothing is more irking than knowing you're being ignored. Remember the feedback feature is always available. pssst...who was it???

I sent him a private message on the 6th. He hasn't been active since the 4th. Anyways, it was jrh3. He posted an ad saying he has a spare ghost ooth and I bought it. I think it was a honest mistake since he did send me a reminder about the shipment, etc. Just wanted to hear back from him.

Well, that stinks. Have they read the message and just not responded???...or have they seem to dropped off the face of the earth and no activity on the forum, at all? Nothing is more irking than knowing you're being ignored. Remember the feedback feature is always available. pssst...who was it???

Latest posts