Fairy garden build

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool.

I wish I took some pictures of some of the mini greenhouses I've done over the years. I did a neat Haloween fairy garden graveyard with a group of 6 to 10 (popa spruca) adult twigs, all in the spooky mini trees.

Thanks... That sounds really cool.. I just got into them.. so still learning...

Very nice mantis fairie condo! You'll have to give whoever lives in there some really cool fairie name..

Looks nice

I'm sure whatever ends living in there will be a happy camper

But if I can make a suggestion

I'd recommend tossing a few isopods like pill / sow bugs in there

They'll help keep it clean

i.e. eat the dead leaves that fall of the plant & left over feeder bug parts

&

Will help keep mold & mites & what not down

Thanks... Yeah.. I need to get some isopods.. I have springtails in there...

Be careful about those isopods though. They're very opportunistic and the terrarium doesn't supply food for them, they'll nibble your plants. They'd probably aim for your flowers first.

My orange porcellios are bugging me. They already ate my Sinningia pusilla plant (although those are very small plants) and ate two flower buds from my Sinningia muscipola.

Blossom is the winner of my fairy tank.. I figured she needed a name to make it her home..

Be careful about those isopods though. They're very opportunistic and the terrarium doesn't supply food for them, they'll nibble your plants. They'd probably aim for your flowers first.

My orange porcellios are bugging me. They already ate my Sinningia pusilla plant (although those are very small plants) and ate two flower buds from my Sinningia muscipola.
Just toss some veggie scrapes in with them

Like zucchini carrots lettuce etc & so on

Or

Even dead cricket to feed on

&

They should leave your plants alone

Latest posts