10 gallon

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinsWither

Reaction score
What invertabrates should I do for a 10 gallon? I was thinking of many ghost or dead lead mantids but then decided maybe a giant cave roach colony or a bunch of tailless whip scorpions. 

I'm using a 10 for my dubias and a 10 for my hissers. I wouldn't use one that small on a group of mantids, that's too compact. Go with a 20G or bigger if your going to make a community tank for mantids.

Then again I'll have to upgrade my roaches eventually, as more bodies equal more heat. Too many numbers in a compact space can over heat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would likely only be able to comfortably house a maximum of about 3 tailless whip scorpions(I assume you mean D.diadema?)in a 10 gallon enclosure. B.giganteus wouldn't be a great choice for that size enclosure, you would only be able to house a very small amount of them in that size enclosure. They like a pretty large enclosure and stress out very easily if they are crowded.

Yeah I was thinking of doing what the forum did and make dividers for like some adult mantids. I was thinking of pacific land hermit crabs. 

True Blaberus craniifer would make a great invert to house in a 10 gal tank, B.giganteus would probably prefer something bigger though. 

Latest posts