• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

12 Different species for sale! Please take a look, this sale is to help raise money for vet bills.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aryia

Reaction score
Have the following for sale~ (US Only)
Note: I'm posting this sale because one of my kitties have fallen very ill. After a bunch of diagnostic tests, the doctors eliminated a ton of curable diseases and the most likely cause of her illness is lymphoma (a type of cancer). Every vet bill is hefty so I am selling a lot of my holdbacks which hopefully will raise enough money to allow me to treat her if it does turn out to be lymphoma. So the money I get from this sale and all the following ones will all be going towards her treatment and hopefully will allow her to spend a little more quality time with us.

Pair = One female and one male, their instars are timed so they will hit adult around the same time if fed and kept normally. I will provide the feeding schedule I use for the pairs if needed.
2.1 Trio = One female and two males, their instars are timed as well (same deal as pairs).

1.2 Trio = Two females and one male, their instars are timed as well (same deal as pairs).
~L4 = The ~ denotes that the instar is a guesstimate, if ~ is absent then it is not a guesstimate and the information is 100%. L stands for instar and the number following L tells you at what instar or in other words how many times the mantis has molted. When nymphs hatch they start at L1 and most mantises reach adulthood at L8 though this is gender/species dependent! If a mantis is subadult or adult it will be indicated, otherwise they are pre-subadult and younger.
2x = Means there are two available. If no quantitiy is listed, then there's plenty left.

H. coronatus (Orchid Flower Mantis) - Beautiful white and pink flower mantis that imitates an orchid.
1x Subadult Pair for $120 or Subadult 2.1 Trio for $150
Subadult Males for $40 each or 2 for $70
2x L5/6 Females for $60 each or take both for $105
3x L4 Unsexed nymphs for $35 each or the group for $100
5x L2/3 Unsexed nymphs for $25 each or 5 for $118

R. fusca - A black and white species of shield mantis, their shield is reduced but their colors are amazing!
2x Subadult Pair for $60 each

R. stalli (Giant Shield Mantis) - Deep green shield mantis that get up to 3.5 inches long!
2x L7/L8 Pairs for $50 each

D. lobata (Giant Dead Leaf Mantis) - Adult females are 3 inches long and imitate dead leaves!
2x Adult Females for $35 each or take both for $60
5x L4/L5 Females for $15 each
5x L4/L5 Males for $15 each

H. xishaensis (Giant Asian Mantis) - Adults are bright green and three inches long!
1x L6 Pair for $40 or L6 1.2 Trio for $55
L6/L7 Females for $15 each
L4/L5 Unsexed nymphs for $6 each
L2/L3 Unsexed nymphs for $4 each or 10 for $35

M. caffra (Springbok Mantis) - Small species that grows to roughly 1.5 inches!

P. affinis (Budwing mantis) - Adults are a little over two inches, females have very short wings!
1x L5/L6 Pair for $40 or 1.2 Trio for $55
L3 Unsexed nymphs for $4 each or 10 for $25

P. paradoxa (Ghost Mantis) - Very exotic looking mantis, comes in all kinds of colors!
1x Subadult Female (Yellow/Golden) for $25

P. spurca crassa (African Twig mantis) - Just like the name says, looks like a twig!
L2/L3 Unsexed nymphs for $5 each or 10 for $45

S. quinquedens (Australian burrowing mantis/Joker mantis) - Very distinct joker face, no joke!
2x L3/L4 Unsexed nymphs for $30 each
L2/L3 Unsexed nymphs for $25 each or 5 for $118. I have very few of these and normally wouldn't be letting them go!

S. viridis (Giant African mantis) - Adults are three inches long and come in green and brown!

P. wahlbergii (Spiny Flower mantis) - White flower mantis with spikes on abdomen and green markings!
1x Subadult Pair for $50

Shipping (Priority/ 2-3 Day): $10 (Small box), $15 (Large box)
Shipping (Express/Overnight): $35
Heatpack: $2

PM me for more information, pictures, combined shipping prices, and group deals. I can reserve for 30 days for a 20% nonrefundable deposit only, no exceptions.

Live arrival and gender are guaranteed. Heatpack is required for live arrival guarantee for temperatures of 50 degF and below. Check your temperatures before ordering please, I will not ship below 20 degF, but can hold the mantises until temperatures are better for shipping. Live arrival guarantee applies only when you follow my shipping recommendations.
Some of the mantises may be close to molting in which case I will recommend to delay shipping. This process is entirely up to the mantis and may take a month or sometimes even longer (for younger nymphs it's usually one week). If you insist on me shipping against my holding recommendation, death due to mismolt during shipping will not be covered by my live arrival guarantee.

Latest posts