17 today :D

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I would like a 206, seen some modified beauties on ebay and pistonheads. If not a 206, probably a polo/golf.

Got an insurance quote for a 1.1, came to £1,600. To insure if for my dad, with me as a named driver, was just £600... but he said he isn't keen on doing that. Dammit ^_^

Thanks :D Well I would like a 206, seen some modified beauties on ebay and pistonheads. If not a 206, probably a polo/golf.

Got an insurance quote for a 1.1, came to £1,600. To insure if for my dad, with me as a named driver, was just £600... but he said he isn't keen on doing that. Dammit ^_^
I know it's not cool or anything but your best bet is to get a really old, cheap small car and insure it third party. That way you gain no claims bonus and the insurance is cheap. After a few years when you go for a better car fully comp' will be loads cheaper.

My first car was a 20 year old Triumph Toledo in s**t brown. All my friends at school took the micky until they realised that I was the only one who didn't have to ask to borrow the car :D

Hehe, thanks chaps.

Huw, I know... I thought about getting an old car, but I've got the money to buy something nice so thought I may as well fork out the extra pennies. And yea, regarding no claims that was the only downside to being a named driver...

LOL at your Triumph, well as least it got you from A to B :p

Happy birthday and sorry for being so late. :huh:

I thought I was young for my year in college, but now I just feel old. :p

Hehe, thanks chaps.Huw, I know... I thought about getting an old car, but I've got the money to buy something nice so thought I may as well fork out the extra pennies. And yea, regarding no claims that was the only downside to being a named driver...

LOL at your Triumph, well as least it got you from A to B :p
:p Smart arse :p

My beloved Triumph :wub: . S**t brown with a sticky glossed roof that I blame for my baldness (there was always a hairy patch above the drivers seat :lol: ). The starter motor was tempramental and I could open it with q 10p piece.

I'd buy it back tomorrow :D

Latest posts