17th Birthday Fund Raiser

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 16-17 I was in my last year of high school and only had to take half a day of classes, and the other half I worked in some program the high school had for career planning. I actually worked at a man camp in the kitchen at a power plant that was 10 miles out of town.
Orly?!!

Where would one find this... man camp?!!

Inquiring minds, you know...

:p

Oh, and Chameleonare, I've seen work very much like your paintings. One I saw in particular was one that looked like it had a castle on a clif on the left and a huge planet on the right. Have you seen one like this and can you reproduce that?

If not, I am eyeing another one of your paintings for a friend of mine.

Good luck on getting the amount of money you want! Sounds like you are off to a great start!!! :D

Happy Birthday

You'll be thinking, "wow, I'm not grandpa age yet, am I" before long. It's just a couple dreams away... you'll see ;) B)

I can't believe its been 30 years ago for me, already. The fact I never had kids makes me feel even more like a kid, still, but with wisdom enough to not make all the mistakes, sometimes :rolleyes:

Save your money, but land while it's cheap, or a rental property that will pay for itself, and let it build equity. Just make sure you have water availability and low enough payments to get through the recession that's starting up.

I wish I had, and I'd been a multimillionaire, no kidding. I almost bought 5 acres outside of town for $7,500, but thought that was too far away, but lots there are over $50,000 now, just lots, not acres. The rich moved into that location, cause of the hills and scenery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily, Asa... ;) My mom always told me, "Wish in one hand, sh*t in the other." :rolleyes: Money just doesn't fall out of the sky or appear just because you wish it would. If he doesn't come up with the funds, his parents could just say, "No funds = no skateboarding, no paintballing, no four wheeling, and no bowling! :mellow:
:huh: Meaning from some form of job. Good analogy though lol

The money's got to come from someplace right?
Hey, Asa... :)

I just mean there's a possibility it may not come at all (or not enough to pay for what he'd like to do anyway). Getting the money isn't certain by any means, whether wishing or working for it. Sometimes no matter how hard you work or even how much you work, the hopeful expectations of making enough money just don't pan out. And if he doesn't raise the money... his parents may not sympathize and kick in their money for what he needs to do all of the birthday activities. ;)

Well one of my tires on my car just popped so i may not be havin a party. Tires are gonna be about 250$ for all four. So im selling my custom bearded dragon cages and the dragons

Happy BirthdayYou'll be thinking, "wow, I'm not grandpa age yet, am I" before long. It's just a couple dreams away... you'll see ;) B)

I can't believe its been 30 years ago for me, already. The fact I never had kids makes me feel even more like a kid, still, but with wisdom enough to not make all the mistakes, sometimes :rolleyes:

Save your money, but land while it's cheap, or a rental property that will pay for itself, and let it build equity. Just make sure you have water availability and low enough payments to get through the recession that's starting up.

I wish I had, and I'd been a multimillionaire, no kidding. I almost bought 5 acres outside of town for $7,500, but thought that was too far away, but lots there are over $50,000 now, just lots, not acres. The rich moved into that location, cause of the hills and scenery.
Oh, and this is very, very important:

Whenever you buy land, always make certain you get the mineral rights along with it!!! And when you sell your land, make certain you retain the mineral rights. Always read your contracts and look for this.

Without the mineral rights, if you strike oil or some other valuable natural resource is found on YOUR land, you won't get any money for it, the guy who was smart enough retain the mineral rights will start receiving checks in the mail and you will be the one dealing with the mess when the government comes along and tears up your property.

Hey, Asa... :) I just mean there's a possibility it may not come at all (or not enough to pay for what he'd like to do anyway). Getting the money isn't certain by any means, whether wishing or working for it. Sometimes no matter how hard you work or even how much you work, the hopeful expectations of making enough money just don't pan out. And if he doesn't raise the money... his parents may not sympathize and kick in their money for what he needs to do all of the birthday activities. ;)
Oh I see. Here's hoping though

Whenever you buy land, always make certain you get the mineral rights along with it!!! And when you sell your land, make certain you retain the mineral rights. Always read your contracts and look for this.Without the mineral rights, if you strike oil or some other valuable natural resource is found on YOUR land, you won't get any money for it, the guy who was smart enough retain the mineral rights will start receiving checks in the mail and you will be the one dealing with the mess when the government comes along and tears up your property.
I was going to ask if you were joking but then I realized that you're from Texas.

Around here being liable for whatever's on your land after you sell it is just that--a liability. Due to things like buried oil tanks and toxic stuff in the ground. But this is New Jersey.

Latest posts