1st ooth hatching...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlemmings

Reaction score
So I came home from work yesterday and checked in on my ooth chamber hoping my Creo oth may have hatched (it is due anytime now) but no go.

However when I checked in on two "freebie" ooths given to me my a friend i had 3-4 fresh Nymphs hatched.

the two oths were "from old but bred mantids and may or may not be viable...they were layed just before the mothers died"

and when I got them they seemed light/dry so I had low expectations.

they are either Sp. Lineola or Blue Flash but were not labled so I dont know which ooth was which species...I have never raised Blue Flash and I got my previous Lineola was like L5 when I got her...I think they would look similar until L3 or 4 right?

anyone know the easiest way to ID them for a noob like me?

I lightly misted inside the deli-cup and not sure how soon to feed them i tossed in 4-5 smaller FF from an older FF culture...they seemed curious about the FF but none attacked and one seemed spooked by them.

I will see if more hatch when I get back home this evening.

hope my other ooths hatch soon!!!

Cool news mate, good luck. I suck at identifications so I'll leave that bit to an expert.

Congratulations on the little fellas. Hope they grow to be quite the specimen. All I know about Blue Flashes is that they like to eat! I got a couple for a friend and they were eating crix as big as them by L-2.

so my creos mated and 1st ooth hatched today...YAY!!!!

111_0469.jpg

okay I cant find my notes...

I think I need to mist them once or twice a day and feed them on the 2nds day?

I dont have any melos, but I have an older Hydei culture with small runts left

cool gonna mist now and maybe snap some pics of mystery (lineola or blue flash?) mantids and creos

then feed ff's

Latest posts