2 feeding problems

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
problem one is that my l6 giants asian from 2.5''(7 cm) wont take crickets and only want to have house and blue bottle flies...she needs so much of then that the others dont have enough now.. does enyone know what i have to do?????

problen 2: my friend gives me morio worms but do i have to do whit it does my mantids take them?????

o sigh i get sick of the escaped crickets al around how do i get them???? :blink:

problem one is that my l6 giants asian from 2.5''(7 cm) wont take crickets and only want to have house and blue bottle flies...she needs so much of then that the others dont have enough now.. does enyone know what i have to do?????problen 2: my friend gives me morio worms but do i have to do whit it does my mantids take them?????

o sigh i get sick of the escaped crickets al around how do i get them???? :blink:
What I do, is grap the cricket with tweezers(forceps), and move it enticingly kinda like a fly. (You know, if that asian was in the wild, she would starve.) Also, she may not even be that hungry...

Yes, they can eat mario worms. You can do it the same way with the crickets.

Heh heh.....I kill my crickets when I remove them, so that solves the problem. Plus, I have seen crickets voraciously bite the forceps when I hold them, so I wouldn't risk it biting one of my mantises.(So I kill them.) Even if you kill it first, the forceps can make it move like it's alive. You could also get the crickets, and then zap them with a fly zapper or put them in the freezer for a while. It knocks them out and you can safely put it inside of the enclosure. They will revive themselves after a while. Anyways, crickets enjoy hiding in dark corners. Check the edges of the walls.

What I do, is grap the cricket with tweezers(forceps), and move it enticingly kinda like a fly. (You know, if that asian was in the wild, she would starve.) Also, she may not even be that hungry...Yes, they can eat mario worms. You can do it the same way with the crickets.

Heh heh.....I kill my crickets when I remove them, so that solves the problem. Plus, I have seen crickets voraciously bite the forceps when I hold them, so I wouldn't risk it biting one of my mantises.(So I kill them.) Even if you kill it first, the forceps can make it move like it's alive. You could also get the crickets, and then zap them with a fly zapper or put them in the freezer for a while. It knocks them out and you can safely put it inside of the enclosure. They will revive themselves after a while. Anyways, crickets enjoy hiding in dark corners. Check the edges of the walls.
hmm i tried al but she takes, bites and drops the cricket... she must be hungry she molted 36 hours ago and eatet just 2 flies :/ and one of my morio,s just just taked by my 5 cm long male :)

hmm i tried al but she takes, bites and drops the cricket... she must be hungry she molted 36 hours ago and eatet just 2 flies :/ and one of my morio,s just just taked by my 5 cm long male :)
mine seems to only eat the head and just behind that then drops them .... maybe she is only wanting a snack ... i dont know

throw a cricket half the mantis size in the tank..he will eat it..if he dont he will doe simple.! i keep giant Asians..mine eats full size crickets..i have 2 babys..they eat crickets half there body size..my guess is its got use to flys..im sure if u thew a cricket in there it would eat it in the end..it might be picky at 1st but im sure it will eat it..its not going to starve is it.i dont get it tho..?mine eat any thing!

throw a cricket half the mantis size in the tank..he will eat it..if he dont he will doe simple.! i keep giant Asians..mine eats full size crickets..i have 2 babys..they eat crickets half there body size..my guess is its got use to flys..im sure if u thew a cricket in there it would eat it in the end..it might be picky at 1st but im sure it will eat it..its not going to starve is it.i dont get it tho..?mine eat any thing!
yes i know one of my others eats an grasshopper almost twice his lenght!

yes i know one of my others eats an grasshopper almost twice his lenght!
lmao..the giants..i love em..the classic mantis imo..if u say to someone have u ever seen a praymantis that comes in to there head straight away,giant asian..il be breeding them forever.. :) i have a adult female..shame i didnt breed her..i got to wait months till my pair are ready.got any pics of yours>?

lmao..the giants..i love em..the classic mantis imo..if u say to someone have u ever seen a praymantis that comes in to there head straight away,giant asian..il be breeding them forever.. :) i have a adult female..shame i didnt breed her..i got to wait months till my pair are ready.got any pics of yours>?
i shal make some pics they are not fully grown yet but already pretty big :D and the funniest thing about them is that they jump from my hand on my face XD what you have to try is let an giant asian look in the mirror i tried and 6 from the 8 don.t react but the other 2 goes i defense pose lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts