2 liter bottle?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you cut the 2 liter bottle in about half and use the bottom half as a container, i don't see any harm in doing so. Just use a fabric mesh to cover the top because ventilation is very important!

If you cut the 2 liter bottle in about half and use the bottom half as a container, i don't see any harm in doing so. Just use a fabric mesh to cover the top because ventilation is very important!
could i just kep it whole and stab some holes?

I don't think that would be good for ventilation, bacteria will gather in the bottle, aswell as mold when you spray the bottle. Your best bet is just cutting it in half bud.

ok...i currently have them in a smaller version of the critter keepers...its more flat and long...its called Reptile something...house i think....is that ok for now? its like a foot long...maybe more...

If I were you i'd seperate them! Mantids eat each other starting as just hatchlings! When you first catch mantids they wont seem to be very cannibalistic, but once they settle into their knew cage they will attack and eat each other!

Yeah Asa is correct, you can feed them whenever you want, but not a wise choice to leave food in 24/7 because if the mantis starts to molt, a insect could disturb it and cause it to die during shedding.

Yeah Asa is correct, you can feed them whenever you want, but not a wise choice to leave food in 24/7 because if the mantis starts to molt, a insect could disturb it and cause it to die during shedding.
ok...but what about when its starting its molt? should i not feed it until its completely done? and how do i tell when its goin to start the molt...the first time i saw it molt it had already started and i was surprised...

I think the bottle idea is pretty good. I have some L5 unicorms in a tubware container, which I am having doubts if it's good for them.

I'm gonna go try that out.

Latest posts