2 months later and more hatched from same ooth???

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidmomma

Reaction score
Okay, I am not crazy!  Well, I am. But not on this subject.  Soooo, remember a few months back I posted about an egg hatching about a month AFTER it had already hatched? Well, I have 3 HATCHED humbertiella ceylonica eggs that have all HATCHED!  They hatched on July 11, 13, and 19th. That is nearly 2 months ago.  So instead of throwing the eggs away, they are sitting on a shelf. I have not misted them since mid July. I only kept them to use to take to schools to show what the ooth looks like.  I have over 20 babies IN THAT CUP right now that just hatched!!!  How does this happen?  I'm never going to throw any ooth away at this point!

Yeah, I have heard of it happening! I have a ghost ooth that hatched 10 nymphs, but I am pretty sure it will hatch again, because it was a large ooth, and I can still see dark eggs in the ooth.

- MantisGirl13

I hope your ooths hatch, @Aristalochia! What species are they? Your ghost ooth is due to hatch within the next week or two, so be ready!

- MantisGirl13

Some species have staggered hatching. 

MantisGirl13, yup I'm looking forward to it. I have the ghost ooth aswell as a type of Creobroter and Tarachodula pantherina, which arrived with a nymph partially emerged and dried out, so I am worried it may not hatch me any babies:

:)  I hope that the T pantherina does hatch you some nymphs!

The eggs in the ghost ooth that I am expecting another hatch from are turning darker every day, so I am almost positive that it will rehatch! In other news, my ghost female laid me a sixth ooth today!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts