2013 TAMU Insect Open House

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the annual even hosted by Texas A&M Entomology department. This year it is the 25th gathering of fellow insect lovers. It is also my 6th year (since 2008) attending the event. I have probably posted this almost every year. An example is as the following link http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16716&page=2

One of the newest addition to the collection is the recent collecting trip to Uganda by A&M students.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Every year there are free books to give away. Kenneth checking out the books and I found one to keep.

05.jpg

06.jpg

One reason I am attending the event is to identify insect species trapped in a piece of amber which was given to me as Christmas gift.

07.jpg

Kenneth having fun checking out the amber

08.jpg

One of the insect identified by a member there is a small wasp (Bethylidae)

09.jpg

Each of the new collection is usually being photograph by member. This one is using MPE-65 with macro lighting...wish i have one.

10.jpg

11.jpg

This gathering also posted pics of all the gathering. I saw myself with my son from previous gathering (24th - 2012).

12.jpg

Have a chance to check out the cool katydid (huge!). Except that the gender symbol should be switched?

13.jpg

14.jpg

It is also a good time to chat up with fellow bug buddies.......

16.jpg

Hi Yen,

That is a nice Bethylidae you have there!! I am not sure I see any hints at wings, so you might have a female in your piece of amber! :sweatdrop:

Hi Yen,

That is a nice Bethylidae you have there!! I am not sure I see any hints at wings, so you might have a female in your piece of amber! :sweatdrop:
Thanks ellsie! It would be great to have you around here. Happy New Year to you and have a great mantis year too :)

Ni hao Yen! Awesome pics and wish I was there :D ...yeah hopefully someone changes the sex symbols for those ones ;) glad to see some pics from this event...

All the best,

Andrew

Thanks ellsie! It would be great to have you around here. Happy New Year to you and have a great mantis year too :)
Thanks Yen! You too! It's just a shame that most of the color fades after pinning insects :blush:

Hi Yen nice Pic's

To Ellsie ...... thought you were not around anymore ...
And nice to see that you are making money from this hobby Albert! As for me, I've just been extremely busy with my dissertation, and not to mention preparing my Entomology lectures for my upcoming classes.....yay fun times...... <_<

Ok, no more :eek:fftopic: rambling from me, back to Yen's original post about the 2013 TAMU Insect Open House!!