3 mantids stopped eating at same time!?!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
facts:

al where adult

they already eatet before when they where adult...

al of them dont have taken any food for like 9 days.

i tried everything but that wont work and everything is EVERYTHING!!!!!!

i made one to eat by using forcing( i know thats bad and it is absolutly my last resort)

the other 2 dont want.

any sugestions how i get them eat again?

why is this happening?

bad luck? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-N-B-R-E-E-D-I-N-G

facts:al where adult

they already eatet before when they where adult...

al of them dont have taken any food for like 9 days.

i tried everything but that wont work and everything is EVERYTHING!!!!!!

i made one to eat by using forcing( i know thats bad and it is absolutly my last resort)

the other 2 dont want.

any sugestions how i get them eat again?

why is this happening?

bad luck? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-N-B-R-E-E-D-I-N-G
Did they stop when you got a new batch of food ? If yes, maybe it is a "bad" batch ?

It has nothing to do with inbreeding. If both are adults and female maybe they're about to lay some ooths? If adult males they don't eat much either way.

It has nothing to do with inbreeding. If both are adults and female maybe they're about to lay some ooths? If adult males they don't eat much either way.
she has not mated yet and she is thin

@geoff

yes i just feeded african crickets insteet of normal house crickets...

update:

male is acting weird it only sucks the blood out and drop drops a empty body :blink:

Gawd idolo, what do we have to say to convince you I-T-S N-O-T I-N-B-R-E-E-D-I-N-G-!?

Lets see...i fed them exotic food, and they are not eating it...hmm...must be inbreeding... <_<

Huh?!?! :huh:

Male adults rarely eat once they mature. Your male seems to be thirsty as well. Maybe you should give them water, and go back to normal crickets like Hibiscus said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check there abdomens, if they are fat they may well refuse food, even females will do this some times but they should last a long time with out food as long as they are "fat" enough.

Your major worry should be if their abdomens are paper thin, they wont last long in this condition.

Dehydration could be the cause as could low temps or old individuals etc, recheck all your conditions.

I doubt its any thing to do with inbreeding, correct me if i'm wrong but from what i've read inbreeding usually shows itself as seemingly infertile oothecae?

u must be the most unluckiest mantid breeder on this forum
Well, obviously he hasn't bred anything yet... :lol: At moment, he is merely the most unsuccessful mantid keeper of the world... err forum.

Listen: there are thousands of mantid breeders throughout the world, and rumours say some of them are frequently seen on this forum. Those thousands of mantid pals have raised millions of mantids in many many generations... and noone of them have ever dared to blame imbreeding as a cause for their ever first mantids to die - except of those who don't want to listen and always think they haven't done anything wrong! :angry:

When animals die, it is in 95% of cases always your fault! In captivity, there are no enemies and usually no parasitic infections. There are, however, diseases, and they mostly arise from bad conditions, which are always on the responsability of the breeder. So, wouldn't it be better to check out all potential care failure first before blame some other person for selling you inbred insects? If they are inbred, why are all others succeeding? Why do I still have Idolomantis flourishing after some 4 years despite of the fact that this species is one of the most trickiest? Why have other people bred Gongylus or Sphodromantis for 15 years without problems?

By the way, what species are we talking of at all?

Maybe you should start to collect coins or Lego figures and leave live animals to a time when you are somewhat more serious and responsible and have learned to listen to people who have by far more experience than you.

Latest posts