3 Northern Brown Snakes That I Caught In My Backyard. Photos included.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May have been an adult, brown snakes are a relatively small species of snake. I have never found a specimen over 12 inches here in maryland, and i find A LOT of them out here haha!

Another one i find a lot is the eastern worm snake. The adult brown snakes look a lot like baby garters at first glance!
There were two that were darker in color which usually means they're older. And one was still a lighter color and also smallest. I figure the biggest and dark one was oldest. Yeah they aren't incredibly large. That's cool that you find a lot over there, I love snakes. I've never found an Eastern worm snake before, they look cool, really like worms, lol. And they certainly do resemble garter snakes.

Whiile we're on the topic how do you find these snakes? The baby one was just by chance that I found it.

Was looking out the back window yesterday at the bird feeder and noticed a grackle had a snake. Ran out there but it was too late. The bird was consuming a ringneck snake. The head was gone and the skin had been peeled back exposing a few inches of muscle. Interesting.

Was looking out the back window yesterday at the bird feeder and noticed a grackle had a snake. Ran out there but it was too late. The bird was consuming a ringneck snake. The head was gone and the skin had been peeled back exposing a few inches of muscle. Interesting.
Oh damn. A ringneck snake? Wow I've never seen one of those before, I like their colors. Damn, good for the bird, I guess, but bad for the snake. x_x

I love snakes! By far one of the coolest creatures of this earth!
Yeah snakes are awesome. I love catching them. It's such a rush and you get this feeling of accomplishment once you've caught one. I like taking photos afterward to document my catches.

Brown Snake (Storeria dekayi), one of my favorites. They are harmless. And just to be technical, no snakes are poisonous, venomous is the correct term. There is a difference.
Thank you for stressing that. I say the very same thing all the time. There is a difference between "poisonous" and "venomous".

Latest posts