38 gallons....what can i possibly do with that???

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostmantis84

Reaction score
Recently was given a 38 gallon flexarium and flexitray from a friend, and i dint realise just how big it would be lol. Set it up and then realised to my horror that there's no way in heck that i can put mantids in this maaassive space.

Apart from selling on ebay can anyone help me, by either recommending a species that could happily live and be able to catch food in there or whether anyone would want it on the forum.

i know its a long shot but i gotta try

:unsure:

Here's my advice: (I'm doing it currently)

Get a communal species, and put about 15 or so mantids in it (they need to be of housefly/bluebottle fly eating age), put a bunch of branchy sticks inside, add several flies, and wala. :D I'll be posting pics of my current set up for my Gongylus, gongylodes in this thread later on today. ;)

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9808

I suggest it as a breeding cage for a larger species. If you put some sticks and obstacles it will be the perfect size for the male to run off if you can't attend them. Also, if you can't find a use for it, I could use it. Where are you located?

I suggest it as a breeding cage for a larger species. If you put some sticks and obstacles it will be the perfect size for the male to run off if you can't attend them. Also, if you can't find a use for it, I could use it. Where are you located?
Im in the Uk, but thanks to the advice im going to try and give it a go.

ill post some pictures when its all set up

Latest posts