• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4 species ooths straight from wild Tanzania!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don L.

Reaction score
Three species arrived with some ooths just hatched! None from the Giant Flower Mantis as of this very moment... These are wild-collected ooths. I now have an instant large variety of all I want of three of the four species, and want to move

the rest out before I am completely overrun with more (and I had many dozens of other species nymphs already to care for and house!). I am only asking a small amount more than they cost me to do this quickly (was a lengthy and very stressful undertaking - stress fee, LOL!). These prices include what I paid for each ooth, for papers necessary to ship them out of Tanzania, fees to pay via Western Union, his courrier fees, and rather expensive postage costs due to some complications along the way. He and I tried to ID them as best we could, but I have mainly their common native names, which are:

Giant Flower Mantis - a circular ooth!

- $50 plus shipping (looks like maybe 50 nymphs?) - SOLD OUT!

Giant Stick Mantis - dozens of nymphs from one hatched, light brown/varied/large

- a Heterochaeta genus, some online info on these.

- $75 plus shipping, two available

Giant Brown Mantis - maybe 150 from 2 hatched, very dark brown/average size

- a Heterochaeta genus, but no species name.

- $75 plus shipping, two available

Idolomantis diabolica - Devil's Flower Mantis - this one we know! Colorful large nymphs

- very large ooths, have about 100 nymphs from one hatched.

- $110 plus shipping, - SOLD OUT!

If you want to try a couple or more, I will discount for more than one ooth, any combination. There are of course no ooth made dates available, so you may want to go for Express delivery. I will

package them to allow room for an enroute hatching. Please check me out in Breeder Feedback, for those of you who have not had dealings with me yet!

UPDATE 6/6 - all Idolo and Giant Flower Mantis ooths are sold. PM me as I will get more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you selling any nymphs or just the ooths?
Just the ooths, but all are sold as of today. I am getting more. Please let

me know if you would like an ooth, and we can make arrangements so

that I can add that to my order from my collector.

Idolomantis and Giant Flower Mantis ooths sold out.

pm me as I will get more and will include yours too.

Still a couple of Big Brown and Big Green Mantis, and

one Stick Mantis ooth.

Latest posts