72 in December!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're having strange weather here, too. It had been in the 20s and 30s for highs. We had a little snow on the ground four days ago. But it's 50 degrees and raining lightly at the moment. It's supposed to get in the mid 50s today. That's pretty crazy for December.

We had snow on the ground up until yesterday when it warmed up and started raining. All the snow has melted and I was able to go out and collect some Isopods for a culture :) Looks like 4 different species just in my backyard. Currently 5 degrees, but it hit 11 yesterday.

The weather has been strange here in the bay area all throughout the year. We didn't have our hottest days until it was nearly autumn, in fact, many of the days in autumn were warmer than what we were experiencing in the middle of summer!

Up here in MI it is oddly warm as well.. really foggy and muggy, but the fact that it isn't freezing outside is a shock! Though I was looking forward to a harsher winter this year since I didn't get much chance to enjoy snow last year, I'm not sure if that'll happen if this odd weather keeps up.

Was 75 here but that really isn't all that unusual. But being so warm in the midwest in Dec. is odd. And yet most people still deny there have been changes in the weather in recent years.

We got a foot of snow today in the Twin Cities, and it's still snowing. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 12 degrees.

I don't like driving in the snow, but it makes for better winter photo opportunities. Plus, the snow helps protect plants from freezing and thawing.

The official snowfall total is in, and we got 17 inches of snow here in Lake Elmo. The snow pack will likely keep the temperatures cooler now. It's 5 degrees right now. I got out and enjoyed part of the day photographing white-tailed deer.

Latest posts