A 3 Course Meal

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenndoggie1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

My question(s) is: What kind of different insects should my Chinese Mantis eat and should I switch up the menu with every feeding with different insects? Do some insects contain more nutrients than others do?

I have been feeding them store bought crickets for the week I have been caring for them and both my mantis are doing well and are very active. But I know if I had to eat the same thing over and over...I would get fed up.

What do you folks think?

Variety is best for anyone. Try moths and flies. If you can get roaches as feeders, I hear that they are enjoyed.

Variety IS best for all captive animals. However, many hobbyists don't keep multiple types of feeders. My only suggestion is to feed your crickets well. And if you can catch any wild insects you can use those.

If they are big enough, you can try wax worms. My chinese mantids love those. One down side is the juice in the wax worm can glue the mantids claws together after a while, but all you got to do is spray it with some water. My mantids get nice and fat. :)

If they are big enough, you can try wax worms. My chinese mantids love those. One down side is the juice in the wax worm can glue the mantids claws together after a while, but all you got to do is spray it with some water. My mantids get nice and fat. :)
Those are a fine treat but far from a good choice as a staple.

Latest posts