• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A boatload of T. sinensis L1 for trade

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeCapricorn

Reaction score
So last week I woke up to an interesting surprise... dozens of tiny mantises running loose on my desk. An egg case that I had forgotten about hatched out in the open. Yesterday, the same thing happens yet again from a second egg case! Now I am up to my ears in Chinese mantises.

A few things complicate matters even more - I cannot possibly take care of so many mantises, even if I stretch the limits of communal living and hope they don't eat each other too often. I also do not have enough containers to separate them into individual units.

I do not have the heart to simply feed them to the larger mantises, nor do I wish to just put them outside in this climate. My mom suggested putting them outside if we go to Georgia but I'm not so sure about that either... seems too early in the season and I'm not sure if T. sinensis even occurs that far south.

So, the only option is to hand them off to someone who can take care of all these little guys.

I would prefer if someone is able to take all of them off of my hands at once, that way I only have one shipment to worry about. There's a distant possibility that they can be sent out as early as the 26th, but it's very likely I won't be able to send them out until the first day the post office is open in 2013. I cannot give an exact number of how many there are, but there is easily over 50 alive in the container.

PM me with offers, though a cash value would probably be $20 for the whole batch - that would cover shipping. As long as you can take care of this many mantises, it'd also give me peace of mind. I'm also up for receiving other mantises and possibly other insects (like lubber grasshoppers or carnivorous katydids!) depending on what you have - except for other Tenodera sinensis.

EDIT: They have a new home!

Last edited by a moderator: