A cool hobby of mine

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABbuggin

Reaction score
Aside from breeding mantids, photography, pinewood derby, R/C cars, and Royal Rangers (basically Boy Scouts) model rocketry is another hobby of mine. Lots of hobbies lol. :D I'm not super involved in it, but with the dawn of spring, I decided to get back into it for a bit.

Here's a few of my recent models:

IMG_1420.jpg

I lost this on the first launch, went about the clouds (up to 1,700') and never saw it again. LOL

IMG_1378.jpg

My most recent. The tiger theme one uses an "E" motor, and is 6'8" tall. The sidewinder looking one was a total scratch build. I found the dimensions of a real missile on line, and roughly scaled it down to 1/2 scale. I painted it to my liking. It is 5'8" and uses a cluster of two "E" motors. B)

IMG_1445.jpg

The tiger one launching (it is angled into the wind). During its maiden launch the parachute became tangled, and it fell from 600'. Needs a lot of repair. :(

To spice things up, I put a small video camera on my rockets. :)

One of the missile:

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, i had a little hobby store one, painted it all nive than shot it off and never saw it again.... a little bit of a bitter adventure.

Used to do that a little bit. Been years though.

Latest posts