A few Ghost Mantis Pictures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadglide16

Reaction score
These guys arrive Friday.  I hydrated and fed them and let them alone for the night.  Saturday I decided to get pictures and this one was very cooperative.

20170513-DSC_6922-2.jpg

20170513-DSC_6924-2.jpg

20170513-DSC_6933-2.jpg

These make me excited to get my first mantis. Such a beautiful animal. Can I ask: I assumed the plant was fake, but I see some hairs on the stem - what plant is this?

Great pictures for sure!  My first ghosts just arrived yesterday and it was hard to get pictures because of their size at L2, and because they kept wanting to move around.  I'll keep trying.  What instar are yours?

Great pictures for sure!  My first ghosts just arrived yesterday and it was hard to get pictures because of their size at L2, and because they kept wanting to move around.  I'll keep trying.  What instar are yours?
I got them as L3/L4 these they are L5/L6 now.  They do like to move around but quickly settle down if they feel no threat.

Here's a pic about a week after I first got them.

20170520-DSC_7026.jpg

Nice, a picture on your own finger!  I always struggle with getting the mantis to stay still on my one hand while I try to juggle and focus the camera (usually my phone in this case) with the other haha.

Wow! What great pics of my favorite mantis. :clap:  Always surprises me how small they start off. But then they don't get too big do they?

@roadglide16  Another great set of photographs RG.  I've raised a lot of different species, but never ghosts.  It's time to join the fray, methinks. I with my favorite species, Tenodera sinensis, I've generally found handling them (gently) with regularity and from a young age, gets them used to scampering less.  The guys are always more of a problem than the girls.

Wow! I wish that I could get pictures of my mantids that are that good! Ghosts are so much fun!

Latest posts