A few pics...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkayum

Reaction score
34qk5sy.jpg

iwm06b.jpg

wcgzs6.jpg

25p7i8n.jpg

zsr7s2.jpg

Here's the story.

Me and my dad decided to clean out the backyard so we pry the decorative rock slates in order to move them to another place. When we did... it appears that we had disturbed their nest! I saw a few beetle larvae living peacefully along with ants' nest but all of sudden they got angry so they attacked the beetle larvaes! They dug up and causing these larvaes to panic and began to escape from their attack. I thought it was interesting so I snapped a few photos. As after that happened. Some of them were dead and became ants' food. I saw some larvaes trying to get far away from the nest.

:blink:

Sorry about the bad quality photos! My camera is almost 3 years old!

Enjoy!

Insect wars in the back yard. :clown: I have seen trails if ants going across my yard and devouring everything in their path. Interesting little guys.

This is interesting. I wonder if those are Japanese beetle larvae. Maybe they were sequestered away from the ants until you moved the rocks. I know ants will always swarm when their cover is removed. Usually there is so much chaos though that they are not worrying about collecting food, at least initially.

I'm jealous. I'd like to keep the larvae and see what they turn in to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts