a few questions about a couple mantid types.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisDude15

Reaction score
hey everyone,

im looking to upgrade my collection, and i was wondering what you would recommend. im keeping a giant asain and a budwing, ive only been in the hobby for about 2 months. I was thinking i would try a P. wahlbergii or perviceps. are those pretty simple to take care of? any other suggestions? thanks a lot :) oh and if anyone has anything like that (wahlbergii or perviceps) to sell, let me know :D

thanks guys

S. Viridis/Lineola (african mantis) very easy to care for and one of my favorites.

I've cared for wahlbergii several times. Though I've screwed up many times with this species, I'd say they aren't hard to keep. But they are more prone to underfeeding due to the fact that their small size makes it a bit hard to find the proper sized feeders.

The only thing I would say about the P. wahlbergii is they do well in warmer temperatures and, as stated in earlier posts, they can be prone to die if the humidity is too high without proper ventalation. As long as you keep them warm, well fed, and moderately humid you should be fine.

-Jay

oh and what about the violin mantis (gongylus?) are those good for a beginner? (about 2 months now, raising 2 mantids) they look kinda delicate :?