A few questions

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When collecting foliage for an enclosure should I cut myself fresh living branches or grab dead sticks? I also live with people who smoke indoors and although I can keep most of the death miasma from entering my room Im still worried it could prove to been fatal to a mantid. Does a little bit of smoke/polluted air mean certain death?

You should grab dead sticks. Depending on where you live (spraying contracts?) you might want to bake the sticks in your oven. There's a smoker in my house too, but I haven't notice any harm to my mantids from it. I normally keep the room that they are in shut.

I just get dead sticks. Anything live is just going to die. I've never put any sticks I've gathered into the oven. I have always felt that was overkill.

If I was worried about fungus I would just use mantispets' silver spray. But I don't have any very humid enclosures.

Last edited by a moderator:
well being a smoker myself i can tell you it wont hurt your mantis. acually this is kinda messed up but i use to fishbowl my mantis last year with weed smoke. thing got high as heck and ate all its crickets...lol. i quit smokin that stuff though.

Latest posts