A new species for ya!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah shweeeeet jumping spida's!!! Really awesome pics.

Yeatzee where have you been? I haven't seen you on here in a while!

Ah shweeeeet jumping spida's!!! Really awesome pics.

Yeatzee where have you been? I haven't seen you on here in a while!
Well I don't have any mantids, and haven't for some time so I dont have much to contribute here. Maybe someday I'll get some more but for now im sticking to the jumpers :D

You know I love looking into the eyes of your spiders, but I'd enjoy a dorsal shot now and then, especially with regards to the topic of species inquiry.

I thought "Salute!" before I noticed you titled it as such. Wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I love looking into the eyes of your spiders, but I'd enjoy a dorsal shot now and then, especially with regards to the topic of species inquiry.

I thought "Salute!" before I noticed you titled it as such. Wonderful!
My setup does not allow the possibility of a "from above" type shot thanks to the diffuser protruding out over the lens. I did take *one* side shot but since I couldn't get a stack off I never processed it. Here it is for you:

5626078297_cb7e8e9e9b_z.jpg

This was before I modified the diffuser so the lighting sucks.

Another great pic, Tanner and how nice that you are one of "the few" who put down where they live. As a result, we can just about certainly say that this is T. hespera, the only species of this genus to be found in the far SW (CA and AZ).

Another great pic, Tanner and how nice that you are one of "the few" who put down where they live. As a result, we can just about certainly say that this is T. hespera, the only species of this genus to be found in the far SW (CA and AZ).
THANK YOU SO MUCH PHIL! I knew the original ID was off a bit :rolleyes:

It is definitely a welcome change for me.... very different from phidippus sp.

Latest posts