a new way to hang up ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this method whenever I have ooths that are not attached to sticks. Since I work with a species that has small ooths, the hot glue will kill the eggs. If the ooth is attached to a stick I just hang the stick in the container with thread.

Why don't you guys have your mantids lay them on a twig/stick, then shorten the stick, and tie some thread or something to the stick, and hang it to the top of the cage? :( :(

Why don't you guys have your mantids lay them on a twig/stick, then shorten the stick, and tie some thread or something to the stick, and hang it to the top of the cage? :( :(
Sometimes it doesn't work that way. Females will usually lay on the lid or the side of the container, and most of us don't want to cut up a cage just for that purpose. :p Of course, it'd be a lot more convenient if they did lay on sticks, huh?

Sometimes it doesn't work that way. Females will usually lay on the lid or the side of the container, and most of us don't want to cut up a cage just for that purpose. :p Of course, it'd be a lot more convenient if they did lay on sticks, huh?
True, I guess I say that, because my adults can't climb the sides of there container, so they're pretty much forced to lay them on the sticks.

Latest posts