A sad day

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
My whalbergii died last night i found her in the morning, at first i thought it was attempting to change colour as it was a new shade, from green and tan to a mix of green,tan and pink. I checked again an hour on and she was in the same place so i tried to get her attention, with no joy.It had molted to adulthood a week ago. I fed it a wax moth yesterday which is my only conclusion.

Could there be any other reasons?

JC

I know this isn't what you want to hear but sometimes they just die for unknown reasons. I'm afraid you may not ever know the cause.

i thought as much.Thanks for the reply though rick

Maybe as this hobby grows we will eventually understand these random deaths and the cause of them. I've had it happen many times. I don't get too attached to mantids as much as I would other pets.

I think I read that this species is very prone to fungal infections. Maybe that's what happened to yours. :(
Yeah i heard about this and did everyting to prevent it, but i suppose it could of been a cause.

Latest posts