abdomen popped

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugmeout

Reaction score
Help, my fat female sphodromantis lineola fell about 4 feet hit the floor, and her abdomen popped a little, she has a bead of white liquid coming out of the top of her abdomen, will she die or will it coagulate and seal, please help

Last edited by a moderator:
BMO -

I had an adult female Tenodera sinensis fall 6 feet onto a marble floor.  She also ruptured her abdomen. I sealed the wound with a small amount of honey.  She not only survived, but went on to give me 5 ooths.  Do not, under any circumstances, try to use any human medicines (like Bactine or a topical antibiotic).  Honey is a natural antibacterial.

Here's a photo of her (Tiffany) just after the accident.  If you search this forum using "Tiffany" you'll probably find the incident.

injured-tiffany.JPG

@Digger, oh my goodness you are giving me hope! Can I ask you some questions about how you actually did this? My girl has a similar problem, with some eggs (maybe) on the outside. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.08.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.08.17 AM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    923.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4495.jpeg
    IMG_4495.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4496.jpeg
    IMG_4496.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. Is super glue toxic though? Do you think I should try to push in the eggs that are on the outside? Or remove them? I tried earlier to see if they would come off easily and they feel pretty hard/stuck. They look like they have dried a little too.
Thanks,
-a

Latest posts