adcham breeding flies question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, judging by the wide diameter of the bucket, I'm sure you wouldn't want to take the panty hose off of the top with 500 flies in there...

It makes it easier to replace food and water in the container.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, judging by the wide diameter of the bucket, I'm sure you wouldn't want to take the panty hose off of the top with 500 flies in there...

It makes it easier to replace food and water in the container.
Yeah... but whose hand could fit thru that 4 inch diameter?!

OMG! Are you still working with the bucket, pipe and pantyhose? Done that and won't go there again. I've still got the bucket and my pipe has an internal thread and is 41/4" ID, but a 12" cube is so much easier and convenient and less dangerous. Lemmiwinks has it right. I did indeed pop off the band securing the panyhose on one occasion and yes, about 500 flies escaped and of course I couldn't spray them. Ever tried sleeping in a room with 500 flies? Not so great! :D

OMG! Are you still working with the bucket, pipe and pantyhose? Done that and won't go there again. I've still got the bucket and my pipe has an internal thread and is 41/4" ID, but a 12" cube is so much easier and convenient and less dangerous. Lemmiwinks has it right. I did indeed pop off the band securing the panyhose on one occasion and yes, about 500 flies escaped and of course I couldn't spray them. Ever tried sleeping in a room with 500 flies? Not so great!
biggrin.gif
I agree with the 12x12 net cube as an enclosure in which to breed flies (in theory).
wink.gif

I'm using Phil's suggested recipe and process for breeding houseflies (with some modifications), as I can't ever follow a recipe exactly or anyone else's exact directions. It seems I always have to incorporate my own ideas or additions to things.
tongue.gif
Intending to report on my success if it happens... and will share failure information too (if anyone is interested), if that's what it comes to.
balloon.gif

Latest posts