Admin???

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hymenopus

Reaction score
I would not like to reveal location as if this sit
Hello admins, I have a lot of experience with JavaScript, HTML and CSS and I could easily insert the links on the portal. Could I be an admin? ( I have programmed a calculator forum at proudloyaltier.github.io/timedia or timedia.tk )

Hymenopus,

@hymenopus As you haven't gotten a response yet I figured it was time to give you some details about it; although, I do not decide who is a moderator. That would be the only one admin, the owner and leader who would decide or bring it up to a "vote" at his discretion.

Regarding your details - there is no need of any web coding on the forum and is not a moderator task (software does that work, but several of us are proficient at those tasks from running and coding our own websites and such anyway since the 1990's), you have been a member for less than a month (and do not know the community or forum itself in such a short time), are new to the hobby itself, and there are a total of eight moderators already. Although, I'm not sure why you didn't send a PM to the admin himself about such a matter.

I will say if the admin, Peter, is considering anyone for a moderator position he contacts them, and those people are very active and well known members already.

Most forums also have a "rule" if someone asks to be a moderator they will never be considered if a position does become available. That is because it tends to show their attitude and attributes which almost always leads to problems, but I am not sure of the stance here about that "rule" honestly.

I am locking this topic as there is nothing left to discuss, except by PM to the admin, if you want to ask for a formal decision on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts