Adult and 2nd instar Giant Malaysian Shield Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
"Mummy.am i going to look like you when im older"? Adult and 2nd instar Giant Malaysian Shield Mantis - Rhombodera basalis and no she didnt eat him. :)

3220325197_f8ec253f0f_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mummy.am i going to look like you when im older"? Adult and 2nd instar Giant Malaysian Shield Mantis - Rhombodera basalis and no she didnt eat him. :)
3220325197_f8ec253f0f_o.jpg
haha the look on her face is funny like she is thinking ###### lol. thats brave that u put him in front of her like that. i would be too scared that she would eat him. he was probly thinkin that too haha. nice pic tho.

haha the look on her face is funny like she is thinking ###### lol. thats brave that u put him in front of her like that. i would be too scared that she would eat him. he was probly thinkin that too haha. nice pic tho.
nah she was egg bound and wasnt hungry..+ the mantis was to small for her to go for.She liked to eat adult locust..any thing smaller than blue bottle flies she wouldn't go for.I didnt mind risking 1 just for the image any way as i had 100s at the time..gladly nothing happened tho:)

Love it!! ^_^ I really enjoyed the R. basalis adults, both male and female, that I had. I have some of their nymphs now, and hopefully they will make it to adulthood. The pic is charming. ;)