• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

adult male Creobroter gemmatus needed!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she has been mated once, dont wory so much about it, they lay about 4 or 5 fertile ooth ad you will be over run ;) just keep a good number from the 1st ooth and be carefull when buying male creos as I have seen so many gemmatus that arent gemmatus :( There must be 100's of hybrids out there :blink:

ah i thought you have to remate them every 3 ooths :)

my male died of the black death!

he kept being sick and was thirsty 24/7.

ah i thought you have to remate them every 3 ooths :) my male died of the black death!

he kept being sick and was thirsty 24/7.
If you have the male, you can remate but dont wory if you havn't, like I say, you could end up with any kind of hybrid. The best way to keep a pure strain unfortunately is to breed nymphs from wild caught ooths when inbreeding is not seen appropriate. There are over 75 species of Creobroter and they keep getting reclassified, and some species are still likely to be separated or amalgamated with others :blink: I believe what you have are gemmatus but who knows, they are the smallest of the creos and certainly purebred so it might be best to keep them that way or creobroter could end up like the leopard geckos in captivity (that are 'heinz 57' species) ;)

Best of luck with the nymphs though

Latest posts