Adult Mega Mantis Male Mega Picture Post!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent pics :) as usual , what camera are you using? ill have to try photoshop myself
Thanks!

I'm using the Canon T2i with EF 100mm Macro lens. Very simple to use. I set it to AV mode (Aperture Priority) which helps to give those beautiful blurred backgrounds. And against all recommendations when shooting macro, I use autofocus. I just move the autofocus point on the display to where it will do the most good. ;)

Maybe I should write up a little Photoshop tutorial showing what I do to make my images pop. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
SooOOoo in a battle of the Titans between a adult Mega Mantis and a Idolomantis Diabolica male, who's going to win??? :lol:

SooOOoo in a battle of the Titans between a adult Mega Mantis and a Idolomantis Diabolica male, who's going to win??? :lol:
I hate to say it but as badazz as the Idolos look they are fragile and not aggressive at all. The Mega on the other hand would probably kill a mantis its own size just for fun. I'd catch him stalking my Idolos and Violins even when he was a sub. I have multiple mantids out pretty regularly and the Mega is one I have to keep an eye on.

The Popa spurca are even worse! Caught one trying to chew the arm off a Violin. Thank God I got there in time. I'd bet a female could kill my Mega.

2 of my fav species mega mantis and idolomantis i couldnt possibly chose a winner :lol:

photoshop tutorial :) now thats a great idea

Latest posts